A copy of the Chosen Name Change Form can be taken to the ID Office in Gatton Student Center to update your UK ID card with your preferred first name.
Update Your Personal Information
- Log in to myUK.
- Select the 'Student Services' tab.
- Select the 'myInfo' tab.
- Select the address tab that you wish to update. Please note the 'Current / Local Address' is where mail from the University will be sent.
- Click Edit to begin making your changes.
- Click Save when finished.
- Repeat Steps 4-6 to update any additional address tabs.
Former students that no longer have access to myUK must email the Office of the University Registrar with the address they wish to update, a legible copy of a photo ID must be included.
Legal Name Change
If a student wishes to change their legal name, they must complete the required form and submit government-issued identification showing the name they wish to have appear on their official records. Please make sure any supporting documentation is legible. You will be able to upload the supporting documentation with the submission of the form.
Chosen Name Change
Download and complete the Chosen Name Change Form.
Sign the form electronically or print and sign it (using your legal name).
Email the completed form or submit it in-person/by mail to the Office of the University Registrar in 10 Funkhouser Building.