Skip to main
University-wide Navigation

Official Transcripts

The University of Kentucky uses the National Student Clearinghouse to process transcript requests and send official transcripts either electronically or by mail. Please note, if you have financial delinquency with the University, your request will not be processed until the hold is released.

Students requesting a College of Dentistry or College of Medicine transcript must make the request directly from that college.

Unofficial Transcripts

The process for obtaining an unofficial transcript differs depending on the student's last year of attendance at the University of Kentucky.

Current Students

Current students can access their unofficial transcript through the myUK portal.

  1. Login to your myUK.
  2. Select Student Services tab at the top of the page.
  3. Select myRecords tab.
  4. Select Unofficial Transcript on the left side of the screen.
  5. Select Open Unofficial Transcript.

Once you've opened the PDF file of your unofficial transcript, you may print it or download the file.

Former Students after 1988

Former students may use the University of Kentucky Document Portal to view, download or print their unofficial transcript.

  1. Go to
  2. Under Former students, faculty and staff click on the blue Get Started button.
  3. Enter your 8-digit UK ID number, your date of birth and the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number. If you do not know your 8-digit ID number, please email the Registrar’s Office at with a picture or scan of a government-issued photo ID.
  4. Select your verification method and click Submit
  5. Enter the verification code you received and click Submit
  6. Click on the icon for Transcript
  7. Download and save your unofficial transcript

Note: If you need assistance with logging in to the UK Document Portal or retrieving your document, please review How To Use The myDocs Document Portal or call UK ITS at (859) 218-4357.

Former Students prior to 1988

If you attended UK prior to 1988 and need to access your unofficial transcript, please email the Registrar's Office at with a picture or scan of a government-issued photo ID.

Community College and Fort Knox Records

Students who have attended any of the Kentucky community colleges (KCTCS) should contact the college they attended, even if the college was part of University of Kentucky at the time they attended.

UK maintains the academic records for students who attended Northern Community College through 1972. Students who attended after 1972 should contact Northern Kentucky University for their records.

UK maintains the academic records for students who attended Fort Knox through 1988. Students who attended after that time should contact Elizabethtown Community and Technical College.