Skip to main
University-wide Navigation

Do I Qualify?

Tuition appeals will only be considered for courses the student has officially withdrawn from or received a "W" or "N" grade. Tuition appeals will not be considered for courses the student is currently enrolled in or has received a grade of A, B, C, D or E. 

If a final grade has been assigned, students will need to complete the Retroactive Withdrawal process. If a Retroactive Withdrawal is approved, the tuition will be adjusted accordingly.

Your tuition appeal must be received by the Office of the University Registrar within two (2) years of the end of the term being appealed. All decisions made by the committee are final. Tuition appeals that are incomplete or lack supporting documentation will not be reviewed by the committee. 

Reason for Withdrawal/Appeal Description Supporting Documentation
Medical (Mental or Physical Health) Extended incapacitation/hospitalization of the student due to a medical emergency or illness. Medical Documentation Form and Letter of Support submitted directly from the medical provider.
Death of Immediate Family Member Death of an immediate family member occurred during the semester the student is appealing. Immediate family is defined as father, mother, child, spouse, sibling, stepfather, stepmother, stepchild, step siblings or grandparents. Death Certificate
Financial Crisis Student or parent experienced loss of job, health emergency, or natural disaster during the semester they are appealing. Bank statements and UK bills/statements are not sufficient documentation. Student must provide documentation from an employer, insurance company, or a copy of their medical bills.
Involuntary Job Transfer or Change An involuntary job change that prevented the student from attending class. Documentation from employer (contract/letter)
Military Orders Military obligation occurred that prevented the student from attending class. Military Orders
Error in Academic Advising An advising error occurred that resulted in inappropriate course enrollment. Emails or other documentation
Transferred to Another Institution Student is/was enrolled at another institution during the semester the student is appealing. Enrollment Verification from the National Student Clearinghouse or Registrar’s Office

Am I Completing the Correct Appeal?

This process covers tuition and course fees only. If the student has a financial obligation for other reasons, such as parking tickets, housing and/or dining charges, library charges, etc. they will need to check with that department or departments regarding their appeal process.

Need help?

If you have any questions about tuition appeals or need assistance please contact us.

Call Us

Email Us