Registration Registration Actions
If a course section has no available seats a student can add themselves to the waitlist through myUK. When another student drops the course the person in the first position of the waitlist will be automatically enrolled and all other students will move up one spot. Please note that not all classes permit waitlisting.
When you have moved to an enrolled status in a waitlisted course, the course status on your schedule will change from Waitlisted to BOOKED. If you Waitlist a course, be sure to check your schedule on myUK periodically to determine if your status for the course has changed. You are responsible for monitoring your status in this course.
You may remove yourself from the Waitlist at any time during registration or add/drop by using the DROP function in myUK.
Using the Class Search View
Enter the course in the Search field. Click on the course link to bring up all available sections being offered. Closed sections that have the waitlist option will have a WAITLIST button instead of an ADD button. To sign up for the waitlist, click on the WAITLIST button. The course will appear on your Registration Screen with the Status of WAITLISTED.
Using the Quick Registration View
Enter the course you wish to add and click the ADD button. If the section you request is closed but has a waitlist option, the course will appear on your Registration Screen with the Status of WAITLISTED.
- You must meet all course prerequisites and pass all restrictions (major restrictions, classification restrictions, etc.) to be eligible to Waitlist.
- You cannot Waitlist a course that has a time conflict with an Enrolled course on your schedule.
- You cannot Waitlist for a different section of the same course for which you are already enrolled.
- You may only Waitlist one section per course.
- You may only be Enrolled and Waitlisted for the total number of credits for which you are eligible (e.g. most undergraduates have a credit load limit of 19 credit hours). Enrolled hours plus Waitlisted hours may not exceed your credit load limit. If you must maintain full-time status for financial aid or other purposes, Waitlisted hours do not count toward full-time status. Undergraduate students ENROLLED in at least 12 hours are considered full-time. Graduate students enrolled in at least 9 hours are considered full-time.
- You will remain on the Waitlist until you are successfully enrolled in the course, or until the last day to add a class when all Waitlists are automatically purged.
Change a Grade Type
In some circumstances students may have the option to change the grade type of a registered course in myUK (as shown). Grade type options most commonly available are letter grade, pass/fail, or audit.
Changing the grade type of a course may result in complications with regards to how a student progresses through their program. We strongly encourage any student considering changing the grade type of a course to first discuss it with their academic advisor.
Please note that freshmen and graduate students may not take courses on a pass/fail basis.